On our way home from Gaylord, we stopped in Mt. Pleasant to see the Michigan Vietnam Veterans Memorial. Colonel William B. Nolde, a Mt. Pleasant resident, was the last official combat fatality of the Vietnam War (January 27, 1973).
- July 25 – Onogomingkway DAR and the Organizing Lac Vieux Desert Trail C.A.R.
- July 24 – The 150th Anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad
- July 20 – Anniversary of the Lunar Landing
- July 17 – Graveside Service of Vietnam Veteran Wayne Wilson
- July 14 – Joint Board Meeting at the Michigan Military Heroes Museum
November 9 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm