It was a privilege to be present To Honor, To Remember at the graveside service of Wayne Wilson today in Niles. Mr. Wilson, a Vietnam veteran, dies without surviving family members. The sheriff’s department estimates that well over 2000 people were present to show that he would not be forgotten. In the words of one of the speakers, “His service and patriotism, like that of all our veterans, made America a better place.” The flag above the US Capitol was flown in his memory and honor today. The Michigan Children of teh American Revolution Society remembers.
- July 25 – Onogomingkway DAR and the Organizing Lac Vieux Desert Trail C.A.R.
- July 24 – The 150th Anniversary of the Transcontinental Railroad
- July 20 – Anniversary of the Lunar Landing
- July 17 – Graveside Service of Vietnam Veteran Wayne Wilson
- July 14 – Joint Board Meeting at the Michigan Military Heroes Museum
November 9 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm