“To Honor, To Remember”
The 2019-2020 theme for the Michigan State C.A.R. Society is “To Honor, To Remember” the heroes of our nation, with a special emphasis this year on the veterans of the Vietnam War as we mark the 50th anniversary of that war.
The 2019-2020 Michigan State C.A.R. Project is “To Honor, To Remember” by raising funds to put Vietnam veterans on an Honor Flight, with the intent of filling the plane. Honor Flights enable veterans to visit and reflect at “their” monuments in Washington DC. Our Vietnam veterans were not treated with the respect they deserved when they returned from service. In the eyes of today’s young people, however, they are all heroes. The goal of the Michigan State C.A.R. Project is to honor them as the heroes they are.
Alice J. Kraatz
President, Michigan State Society
Children of the American Revolution
You can support Michigan C.A.R by making a donation. The donation is tax-deductible and you can print off your receipt or the email you’ll receive from us with the detail of your donation.
You have the option to enter the detail about a person you’d like to honor as you fill out the form.
Purchase a POW/MIA bracelet
Purchase a POW/MIA bracelet for $20 to support Michigan C.A.R. and honor the memory of a one of our heroes. Your bracelet will be engraved with the information of a randomly selected hero. All but $5 of your purchase is tax-deductible and you can print off your receipt or the email you’ll receive from us with the detail of your donation.
You can enter the detail about a person you’d like to honor as you fill out the form.
Purchase a customized bracelet
Purchase a customized POW/MIA bracelet for $40 to support Michigan C.A.R. and honor the memory of a one of our heroes. All but $5 of your purchase is tax-deductible and you can print off your receipt or the email you’ll receive from us with the detail of your donation.
You must enter the detail about a person you’d like to honor as you fill out the form.
Please allow 4-6 weeks for your bracelet to arrive.
Our thanks to our major donors
Patriot PatronS (over $5000)
Red, White, and Blue Sponsors ($500-$4,999)
- Warren Alter, in honor of Jacob Alter, my patriot ancestor
- American Legion Post 207, in memory of our veterans Bob Hill and Frank Warren
- Cub Scout Pack 828, Woodhaven Michigan
- Deborah and Russell Davis
- Steven Dornbos , in honor of the United States Marine Corps
- Mary Ellen Drolet
- Fort Dearborn Society, C. A. R.
- Four Seasons Tree Service
- Kenneth Goodson, in honor of my patriot ancestors, Gottfried Schronk (Private, Philadelphia Militia), and Mattaius Rittenhouse
- Huron Valley Chapter, SAR
- John Paul Jones C.A.R. Society
- Gina LaCroix, in honor of Vietnam veteran Sam Alvarado
- Louisa St. Claire Chapter, NSDAR
- Michelle Marker, in memory of Gordon L. Hacker, Marine, 4/6/28 – 5/26/18
- Alexander Macomb Chapter, NSDAR
- Monguagon Chapter, NSDAR
- Sarah Ann Cochrane Chapter, NSDAR
- Sashabaw Plains Chapter, NSDAR
- Nancy Sprow, in memory of Army Spec 4 David L. Sprow
- VFW Post 5855
- Job Winslow Chapter, NSDAR
- West Michigan SAR Chapter
- Margaret Wonser in honor of Thomas Swift, my patriot ancestor
- Nancy Alter, in memory of CMSgt William Jackson (US Air Force), a veteran of WWII and Korea
- Don Bohls
- Lyndall M. Butler
- Paul Callanan, in memory of Col. Edward F. Callanan – a veteran of Vietnam, Korea, and WWII
- Nancy Chascsa
- Michael and Jackie Lint Cronin
- Charlotte Cooper, in honor of Deb Rakoczy
- Disabled American Veterans Chapter 127
- Nancy Flasck, in memory of Sgt Jeffrey J. Lewis’ service in Vietnam
- Carol LeMarbe
- Jody Lynn Logan, in memory of Gunner’s Mate Frank Holeton, killed in action August 9 1942 when the USS Quincy sank under enemy fire
- The Marine Corps League of Kalamazoo
- Michigan Sons of the Revolution, in honor of our patriot ancestors
- Thomas Misiano
- Judy Mattila, in honor of the Mark & Henry Schell C.A.R. Society
- Susan Adams Nealy, in honor of the Vietnam veterans of Maui County
- Northern Michigan Chapter, SAR
- Ed and Marge Puck
- Angela Quinlan
- Sandra Bauman Santas, in honor of Thomas Copley – my patriot ancestor
- Chip Stevers, in memory of Larry MacCartney, a friend who served 3 tours in Vietnam
- Stoney Creek Chapter, NSDAR
- Linda Teare
- US12 Heritage Trail Chapter, NSDAR
- Lynn Forney Young, in memory of Commander Doug Clower, a POW during the Vietnam War
Businesses providing in-kind support
- Adams Outdoor Advertising
- Blaze Pizza (all Michigan locations)
- Chuck E Cheese (all Michigan locations)
- Consort Display Group
- Cotton Candy Jewelry
- Fast Signs
- Jared: The Galleria of Jewelers
- Kalamazoo Flag Company
- Public Media Network
- Web Centers USA
- World’s Finest Chocolate
Learn about Honor Flight
Choose the Michigan Honor Flight closest to you and to learn more to apply to fly as a veteran